A Thorough Understanding Of The Unique Aspects Of Military Divorce
If you are a military member or spouse facing a divorce or family law matter, it is very important to work with a lawyer who has knowledge and experience handling the unique issues that arise from a military lifestyle and the relevant law applied to a military divorce or family law matter.
Decades Of Experience Representing Clients Stationed In And Outside Of New Jersey
Our legal team realizes the unique challenges of a military lifestyle and the complexities that may arise therefrom in a military divorce and family law matter involving active military personnel and military spouses.
With more than 30 years of experience and intensive research and training, attorney Christopher Rade Musulin, Esquire, of Musulin Law Firm, LLC, along with his legal team, represents clients located all over the United States and/or deployed overseas whose cases are located in South Jersey counties.
A Variety Of Challenges
Military divorce and family law matters oftentimes involve the following challenges:
- Jurisdictional issues: Jurisdiction is one of the most complicated aspects of a military divorce. With extensive knowledge and experience regarding the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA), attorney Musulin and his legal team can help you determine the proper venue for your divorce proceedings and walk you through any other jurisdictional issues that may arise.
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA): The impact of the SCRA with regard to civil claims against members of the military during their service.
- Military members deployed overseas or outside of New Jersey: If you are in the process of serving our country such that you are unable to participate properly in divorce and family law proceedings, Musulin Law Firm, LLC, can instruct and advise you accordingly.
- Support and custody issues: In addition to helping with jurisdiction, attorney Musulin and his legal team help military clients and/or spouses with all other aspects of divorces, including military child custody and support issues, which often arise during a military divorce matter and/or family law matter.
- Division of military benefits: Musulin Law Firm, LLC, is also extremely knowledgeable with regard to the process of the valuation and division of military retirement and pension benefits and selecting the proper experts, if needed, for same.
Find Out More About How We Have Handled Military Divorces
To schedule a consultation with an experienced military divorce attorney from Musulin Law Firm, LLC, call 609-267-0070 or contact the firm online. Located directly across from the Burlington County Superior Court of New Jersey and close to Fort Dix.
Free consultations to all military personnel or military spouses.
If you are deployed outside of the state of New Jersey and are unable to come into our offices for your initial consultation, we are happy to schedule a phone consultation. We have clients calling from all over the world for phone consultations.