Christopher R. Musulin, the principal attorney at Musulin Law Firm, recently received training from the AFCC (Association of Family and Conciliation Courts) for parenting coordination in New Jersey. As a parenting coordinator, Musulin can help separated, divorced, and divorcing parents in New Jersey resolve their day-to-day parenting issues.
Parents may hire Mr. Musulin privately as a parenting coordinator or you may request your current family law/divorce attorney to file a motion with the court for parenting coordination and request Mr. Musulin be the assigned parenting coordinator.
New Jersey launched a pilot program for parenting coordinators from 2004 to 2006. The goal is to have parenting coordinators:
- Make sure parents follow existing parenting plans
- Help parents establish co-parenting priorities
- Help parents find ways they can come to an agreement on parenting decisions
- Help parents improve their communication methods for successful co-parenting
As a parenting coordinator, Musulin can advise parents on:
- Making minor changes to their custody schedule
- Handling custody exchanges
- Seeking referrals to improve their co-parenting skills
In the end, the parenting coordinator’s goal is for parents to no longer need help making their child custody decisions.
Mr. Musulin looks forward to working with people as a parenting coordinator and applying the new training he just received along with his over 33 years of experience working as a divorce and family law mediator, attorney and arbitrator.