South Jersey Attorneys Handling Modifications Musulin Law Firm, LLC 609-267-0070

A modification — a change to your support, custody or visitation arrangement — may be necessary if you have a substantial change in circumstances. You may need an increase or decrease in your child support payments or alimony payments because of the loss of a job or a new job. A parent may need to modify his or her parenting time schedule to fit a growing child's needs.

When a changed circumstance justifies an increase or decrease in child support payments, alimony payments or a change in your visitation schedule, our lawyers can help you file for a modification. Contact Musulin Law Firm, LLC, to set up a consultation. We also help parents and people who wish to contest modifications to court orders.

Showing a Substantial or Material Change in Circumstances

The divorce lawyers at Musulin Law Firm, LLC, are dedicated to helping people who need to make changes to their initial child custody and visitation arrangements or child support and alimony court orders. We help custodial parents, noncustodial parents and people paying or receiving child support or alimony.

In order to grant a modification of child support, custody, alimony or visitation, the courts will require proof of significantly or materially changed circumstances. Changes in circumstances can include:

  • A promotion or job loss of one parent
  • A significant increase or decrease in income
  • The birth of or emancipation of another child
  • A permanent physical injury
  • Remarriage of one parent
  • Moving out of state, also called relocation
  • An allegation of abuse or neglect

In modification cases, it is not always necessary to go to court. Our attorneys attempt to negotiate quick settlement between parties, since a speedy resolution can often save our clients significant money and stress. If a settlement is not possible, we will immediately file an application to start our clients on the road to resolution.

Many of our clients who first come to us for help in a divorce return for assistance with a child support or visitation modification. We are proud of our high rate of client loyalty and client satisfaction, and we strive to help each of our clients understand the process and achieve the modification he or she needs.

To schedule a consultation, contact New Jersey divorce lawyer Christopher Musulin and his legal team. With an office in Mount Holly, directly across from the New Jersey Superior Court, Burlington County, we serve clients with matters venued in South Jersey counties such as, but not limited to, Burlington County, Mercer County, Camden County and Gloucester County.

Your Divorce Modification Lawyer

Christopher Musulin is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the author of numerous booklets and articles on divorce and divorce-related topics.

Print icon